> Best practice, always choose trait property names carefully/~unique
> so that you don't run into conflicts.

Sure, but in this case, I created the conflict intentionally because I *want* to override it, and I'm not allowed to like I am with methods. Don't you think that's inconsistent?

> The short answer is it's not a bug but maybe an implementation
> issue... should it be an E_WARNING instead of E_STRICT?

At least. Consider the situation where I'm using classes/traits from somebody else's library that I may not be intimately familiar with. I'll have to know what every one of their properties is named so I can plan my code accordingly -- else I'll silently start getting their values in what I think are my variables.

--
Alex Howansky