On 23 July 2011 17:16, Antony Dovgal <t...@daylessday.org> wrote:
> Thanks Nuno, great job!
>
> On 07/23/2011 08:03 PM, Nuno Lopes wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks to Nexcess, we have a new wonderful machine for http://gcov.php.net
>> up and running.
>> This new machine is running linux 64 bits, so expect a few differences in
>> the test results.
>>
>> I believe most things are ported from the old machine, including all
>> daemon's configurations.
>> I fired an experimental run of the cron job. Please help me by reporting
>> extensions that are not enabled, daemons that are misconfigured and why
>> (and
>> therefore some tests are failing or skiping), missing valgrind
>> suppressions,
>> and so on.
>>
>> Thanks to Nexcess for offering a new machine to replace the old one.
>>
>> Nuno

Excellent work.

I see from the recent report that there are a LOT of similar warnings.
I'm guessing that those warnings, whilst they are generated on a linux
x64 box, would be the same for win32 (and anything else).

What sort of policy is needed in addressing casting warnings like
this. I get a LOT of warnings about casting of doubles/floats to
ints/longs, along with the potential for potential data loss.

How feasible is it to aim for a 100% warning free build? I'm not
meaning that we should suppress the warnings.

--
Richard Quadling
Twitter : EE : Zend : PHPDoc