I have attached a patch to https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=55490 that
 implements ReflectionClass::newInstanceWithoutConstructor() to create an
 object a class without invoking the constructor.

 As there are certain internal classes that would "crash" when their
 constructor is not invoked, this new method of the Reflection API only
 works for userland-defined classes.

 Unless there are objections, I will commit this change to PHP_5_4 and
 trunk on Monday. I will add the method to the documentation as well, of
 course.

--
Sebastian Bergmann                    Co-Founder and Principal Consultant
http://sebastian-bergmann.de/                           http://thePHP.cc/