I think the following two requirements should be covered by configuration
aswell:

1. Have the autoloader be silent, i.e. doing a file_exists() check. API idea
$loader = new SplClassLoader(..., SplClassLoader::SILENT);
2. Have a ASSERT_CLASS_EXISTS mode, i.e. after the require an
"if(!class_exists($class))" => throw new LogicException("SplClassLoader
expects class $class to be in $file, but after requiring the file this class
is still not loaded."); API here aswell "new SplCloassLoader(...,
SplClassLoader::ASSERT_CLASS_EXISTS)"

greetings,
Benjamin