On Wed, 2011-11-16 at 13:35 +0100, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Felipe Pena <felipe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 2011/11/16 Ferenc Kovacs <tyr...@gmail.com>:
> > > Hi.
> > >
> > > We moved the sqlite ext from core to pecl with 5.4, but the
> > > http://pecl.php.net/package/sqlite still advertises using ext/sqlite
> > > instead.
> > > Is that intentional?
> > > The problem is, that for 5.3, the prefered way to use the sqlite ext is
> > > use the one bundled in core, however for 5.4 and trunk, you can only
> > > install it from pecl.
> > > Maybe we could supersed it with ext/sqlite3? As it is in the core since
> > > 5.3, so all supported branches has it..
> >
> > It's not intentional, the text weren't updated.

5.4 is not yet released so PHP core is still the primary source for that
extension ;-)

> you mean the pecl package description?
> I can change it, but where should it point to? sqlite3? or simply
> unmaintained?

I would go for unmaintained. SQLite2 isn't maintained upstream for a few
years. People can get the code if they have need to migrate or such, but
other than that ... there's no good and simple migration path to
something else. SQLite3 uses different APIs, different storage format
and has a slightly different SQL standard interpretation.

johannes