On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 03:31, Daniel Convissor
<dani...@analysisandsolutions.com> wrote:
> Hi Etienne:
>
>> AFAIK this is one of the change that was explicitly put in to make it
>> more consistent.
>
> But now it breaks code in the wild.  I came across this due to an
> isset() in PEAR now passing when it didn't before.

PEAR is definitely doing some strange things :) Is it checking indices
of a variables without checking first if it's an array?
Sounds like the comeback of "Please don't break bad code!" seen with is_a :)

IMO it still makes sense to make that change for 5_4, makes everything
less magic and more consistent.

--
Etienne Kneuss
http://www.colder.ch