It's quite hard to think of a compelling example. Usually you just
write the code and realize that "Yea, a 'finally' statement would make
a lot of sense here".
I believe it's the kind of functionality that you learn to use in
time, just like __set, __get, __sleep, __wakeup. If first two are no
brainier these days, the last two to me where "wtf? does anyone use
that? Where I need them at all?!". It was like that for 3-4 years.
Until I got the code witch actually made an active use of these two
and I understood the purpose.
Same goes to finally. I remember using in JavaScript a few times, helped a lot.
And it just makes sense to add to complete the try {} catch {} finally
{} template.
My 2 cents.