On 09/03/12 02:05, Adam Harvey wrote:
> On 9 March 2012 00:11, Remi Collet <r...@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> Le 08/03/2012 09:03, Michael Wallner a écrit :
>>> Sorry for the delay, but I already explained the issue in
>>> the bug report: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=61291
>> Thanks, for the explanation.
> I'm still concerned about the idea that the output of a hash function
> would change from one minor release to another, frankly, whether the
> old output was right or wrong. That seems like the sort of thing users
> would rely on being very, very stable.

It'd be worse to keep the wrong behavior, providing as tiger what it is not.
What can be done is to add a "tiger192,3-broken php5.4" hash for BC of
those which may have used the new one.
It's serious enough so I'd consider it a factor for a new minor in short
time,
but not for setting in stone a wrong behavior.