Hi David:

On 18 Mar 2012, at 19:00, David Soria Parra wrote:

> Hi Internals,
>
> we will start migrating the php-src repository today and SVN
> access will be closed by 21:30 UTC.
>
> Thanks do Alexander Moskaliov we now have a much better, rewritten Mail
> script.
> Thanks to Florian Anderiasch we have a bugweb script.
Thanks!

> I added a wiki page for the workflow at http://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitworkflow.
> So far nobody has added questions to the gitfaq or the asked questions
> about the workflow (except for stas).

The workflow has one practical drawback over the current sparse checkout one.
For me, switching branches also implies redoing configure and make, doesn't it?
That adds quite a bit of overhead to build and test times.

Thus, I would suggest to document the workflow with different folders for the
major branches.

Or, in case there is a better way, please let me know.

Thanks
Stefan

--
Stefan Marr