Also,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>

> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:24 AM, David Soria Parra <d...@php.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi Internals,
>>
>> The initial migration is done and initial testing was successful.
>>
>>  http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=summary
>>  http://github.com/php/php-src
>>
>> Please note that some branches and tags were renamed to make
>> the repository cleaner.
>>
>> Please checkout the repository and play around. I have created
>> a workflow wiki page at https://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitworkflow.
>> There is also an FAQ at https://wiki.php.net/vcs/gitfaq.
>>
>> If you have questions about the workflow or problems let me know.
>> General git questions should be asked in the appropriate IRC channels
>> and mailinglists.
>>
>> David
>>
>> --
>>

> Could we modify the workflow to recommend using the "--no-ff" switch when
> merging in a feature branch?  This is by and large the recommended approach
> as it preserves the feature branch's commit history, making it *much*easier
> to sort through complex features that contain numerous commits.
>
> --Kris

I noticed that the workflow page recommends using the SSH URL for cloning.
However, isn't that one much more limited access?  I.e. for myself at
least, it just prompts for a password (presumably for the SSH "git" user)
which of course I don't have.  Is there a reason why that's recommended or
is it just a typo?  If the latter, I'd be inclined to change it to the SSL
(i.e. https) URL (which the FAQ recommends for clone/push and utilizes
php.net credentials) to minimize confusion.

--Kris