On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM, Kris Craig <kris.cr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > > Yeah I know.  That doesn't mean I have to like it though lol.  ;P
> >
> > You may like it or not like it, but it's established terminology so
> > we're going to use it. Let's not add noise to our lists.
> > --
> > Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
> > SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/
> > (408)454-6900 ext. 227
> >

> If we don't critically re-examine "established" ideas now and then, who
> will?

please go with that problem to github, we didn't coined that term, so we
can't really fix it for you.

>  You can disagree with me, but please don't belittle other people's
> concerns by dismissing them as "noise."

it is noise on this mailing list, as this isn't the place to fix that term,
even if you are right.

>  I raised a legitimate concern that
> was not "unworthy" of discussion.  Just because I hold a minority viewpoint
> doesn't make it any less valid and I stand by my posts.  Ironically, your
> dismissive comment after the fact only increased the "noise" factor by at
> least two more posts.

the thing is that it wasn't your first or second post which regulars would
count as noise, so this time somebody mentioned that you shouldn't do that.

> I believe that the majority, including Github, is wrong on this.

yeah, but how can you fix that with lecturing people here?

>  That term
> is needlessly confusing in my opinion.  I made that point and it didn't
> gain any traction, so like I said I'll just have to suck it up and move
> on.  But if you're going to jump in with a, "We're gonna do it this way so
> shut up," then all that's going to do is create animosity and drag this out
> since obviously I"m not about to let such a comment go unchallenged.  ;P

sigh.

> If you want to keep beating this dead horse, I'm game.  Otherwise, all the
> arguments have already been made so just let it go.  I voiced my concern
> and the majority doesn't share it, so that's that.  Time to move on.

\o/

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu