Hello

On Mar 20, 2012, at 9:43 PM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

> Have you read Nikita's and my comments on your mail from last week?

I just did. There was a problem with my mailing list subscription (wasn't
confirmed) so I thought it didn't go through. But the good thing is that I had
ported it to 5.4 and found the memory corruption bug.

Here are my answers to your comments:

On Mar 14, 2012, at 10:28 PM, Johannes Schlüter wrote:

> A) for licensing reasons we should try to keep as few readline only things as
> possible in there (gpl vs. php license)

I understand the issue of licensing but the extension already has
readline-specific functionality so I thought why not. However if this is going
to be a problem then I can take out all readline-sepcific functions into a
separate module altogether and keep this one for editline functions only.

> B) thread safty isn't an issue for readline but you still should do the init
> and deinit in rinit/rshutdown not minit/mshutdown, probably also do only
> bind_key_functions =NULL in rinit and init the hashtable on demand later.

Roger that.

> C) don't compare the r result of  zend_hash_find and others against -1 or
> such but use SUCCESS/FAILURE

Roger that.

> D) i don't really like new features in 5.3 anymore at this stage

This last patch is ported to 5.4.

> E) please log a bug and attach the patch so we can track this

Roger that. After I clear out which direction to take based on your answers.

And as for Nikita's comments:

On Mar 14, 2012, at 10:47 PM, Nikita Popov wrote:

> May I ask where you got this pattern for copying zvals from? Is this
> kind of code shown in some tutorial / manual / etc? Such code is used
> all other the place, instead of the MAKE_COPY_ZVAL macro and I wonder
> why. Doing manual copying has a good chance of leaking memory. Just
> from glancing I'd say that your code will leak if arg has a refcount >
> 1 (but I could be wrong) as it does not PINIT the zval after it was
> copied.

Two points here:
A) The new patch does not use this at all because it really isn't needed
B) I got this from the same readline.c file lines 521 and 574 and 579. But I
will change it accordingly