Stas Malyshev wrote:

> And if we had rule of "no failing tests", we'd have no
> releases for years now, because nobody is fixing those tests and bugs
> behind them.

I was about to suggest that maybe PHP should have a rule: "no release with
failing tests".

What's the point of a test that fails (or XFAILs)? Either something is broken -
then it should be fixed. Or the test makes no sense - then it should be removed.

Yes, I realize this is a simplistic view and things are more complicated in
practice. But since, as stated, PHP is paying more attention to tests now
(which is a good thing!), maybe it's time to take this one step further.

bye, Dirk