Greetings, all;

    This coming Monday, 16 April, 2012, between the hours of 18:00 and
20:00 EDT (22:00 to 00:00 GMT), the one of the primary php.net servers
will be undergoing a critical preventative maintenance operation.  In
this two-hour maintenance window, we do expect a period of
interruption lasting up to thirty minutes, during which certain core
services will be partially or totally unavailable.

    The system that will experience the downtime is OSU1PHP.PHP.NET
which, among other things, is the primary system for our mail exchange
and master database.  As such, a sample of services that will likely
be unavailable for a short period of time will include:

        * Email (including mailing lists)
        * Events, user, and mirror management
        * User note submissions from userland
        * Et cetera

    We are informed by the on-site staff in Oregon State University's
Open Source Lab, who quite generously provide this system
free-of-charge, that while the maintenance is anticipated to take up
to thirty minutes, they will be making all attempts to limit the
downtime to a period of just five to ten minutes.

    My apologies for any inconvenience this may cause any of you, but
as stated, this is critical preventative maintenance that is required
to protect the integrity of the system, and to ensure that these
services are not negatively impacted in the future.

    Please contact me directly if you have any questions or concerns.

    Thanks, all, and have a great weekend.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager