On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > no, it only means that our internal processes aren't clear or easily
> > accessible.
> > people outside the circle can't do much, than asking people inside to
> > let them in.
>
> If somebody is an outsider to PHP development, why do you think giving
> him a deciding vote on it would be a good thing? One can discuss things,
> propose changes, etc. without any special access.

Just to play devil's advocate (Satan and I go way back), what about people
who are established PHP developers but who generally don't participate in
the development/discussion of PHP core?  An argument could be made that, as
the users of PHP, they should be able to have some say in its development.
That's not my position, mind you; I'm just throwing that premise out there
to see if it holds up.  =)