Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 11:54 AM
Subject: [PHP-QA] running tests in parallel?

Hi

Some years ago (in 2009) Stefan Priebsch, myself and a GSOC student
worked on a version of run-tests.php which would run tests in parallel -
I wrote about it here:
http://zoomsplatter.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/on-no-not-more-tests.html.

The code was complete apart from finding some way to handle REDIRECT and
does run faster on multi core systems but for various reasons we all ran
out of time to work on it.  I recently checked out the code and it
still  works, there are a few little things to be fixed, and of course
REDIRECT still needs to be implemented. I have some free time now and
would be happy to do this, however, I've been fairly out of touch with
PHP since 2009, so before I get on and make this work:

(a) Would it still be helpful if the tests could be run faster?
(b) Has anyone come up with a better solution in the years since I
looked at this?

Thanks,
Zoe