Pierre,

> It is still the case.
>
> I for one would like to kill all the legacy features or too specific
> features which are really unusable by any common developers.
>
> Other developers may disagree but it makes very hard to maintain APC.

Perhaps that indicates it's time to pull the core of APC into php's
core... Just the core, not all of those other features. Then the APC
extension can still exist for those additional legacy features, but
the core functionality can be shipped with PHP itself.

I know there was talk about adding that to php6 by default, perhaps
5.5 (or 5.6) could benefit from it...

Thoughts?

Anthony