On 25/07/12 16:43, Alex Aulbach wrote:
2012/7/25 Andrew Faulds <a...@ajf.me>:
We, of course, should try to avoid user confusion if it will be a big issue.

But I don't see any here.
I said it's small and the fix is small also. Big issue, big fix, small
issue, small fix. Understand?

Also, 20 years experience does not necessarily a good programmer make, nor
an expert in other programmers.
It's not sufficient but neccessary.

1. It's not a small fix, you're introducing a whole new function syntax for generators, which I think is needless duplication. Plus it's more work, we now have to make special functions that can ONLY be used as generators and check at compile-time that they are generators and not functions.

2. It's not necessary. There are great programmers who have only been at it for 10 or 5 years. And there are terrible programmers who have been at it for decades.

Also, please let us not devolve into asinine elitism. I would like to hope this mailing list's members are better than that.

--
Andrew Faulds
http://ajf.me/