Just please don't forget that "generator" isn't quite a rare word
(unlike "yield"), so there are high chances for collisions (in
particular with namespaced code). So if you have some kind of
Code\Generator class, you're screwed.

Keywords don't grow on trees, you know ;)

Also I'd like to point out that being similar to other languages is in
the general case a *good* thing. So if you say "It doesn't matter how
it is implemented in other languages, because we talk about PHP and
not other languages.", then I say you're wrong. Deviating from the
"standard" generator implementation without having good reasons seems
rather pointless to me.

Furthermore the fact that many languages can live without some special
generator keyword already speaks for itself. I am not aware of any
problems it caused there. Also: This is the kind of real "experience"
that matters here. Those languages have implemented generators for
years and showed that they work well.

Nikita

PS: This is not really a reply to you, Dave, just to the recent
discussion in general.