Hi!

> 2. Move instanceof to a handler from the current standalone function. Then
> each (pecl level) class could choose its own implementation if it is
> needed. The function could still exist for BC reasons, but would proxy to
> the handler method if it existed... Then, the wrapped class (the additional
> pointer) would only need to live on the objects internal store...

I don't think overriding instanceof is a very good idea. instanceof has
very defined meaning, which implies certain contract between classes and
their clients, and allowing everybody to override it to mean whatever
one likes looks very dangerous to me.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/