2012/8/24 Peter Nguyen <pe...@likipe.se>

> Your argument is a general issue when refactoring code. Whenever you
> change the name of a method/class, you need to change it in all the places
> that use it, even in the AOP definitions if you have it of course. The
> advice is just a PHP callable so it works in the same way.

I talked about refactoring the joint points, not the advises, but thats not
the point. If I refacter an identifier my IDE (I use PhpStorm, but the
others should be that powerful too) supports me by searching for every
occurence of the identifier, or even without the need to refactor stuff I
can call "find usage". With a string like

$ 'Classname::method()'

or

$ 'Classname->method()'

I need at least text search, that should work reliable, when no dynamic
strings occur, because with

$ 'Classname::' . $method

it's getting hard, if not even impossible. One default case (it's mentioned
in the quickstart of the extension) are the wildcards

$ 'Classname::do*()

I guess this would take much effort. Just "refactoring" is not that easy
anymore.

Don't get me wrong: I like AOP as idea and as concept, but I'm afraid, that
it could lead to scary construction, where noone can trace, what happens
when and why. Also as I mentioned I don't even have any better idea ;)

Regards,
Sebastian