Hi,

On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 07:49 -0400, David Soria Parra wrote:
> Let's keep things simple here, stay on topic and debate if we want to
> start with 5.5 and who can RM it.

I wonder if we really need two RMs. This two-RM-thing was introduced
back when I was busy with different things at work, university,
live, ... when Lukas stepped in to do some of the administrative tasks.

Nowadays those administrative tasks are ruled way more in RFCs and the
role of the RM, in my opinion, is more a task overseeing things
(reviewing changes, reminding people about their "promises") etc. in the
end those are all things *everybody* should be doing. For the remaining
coordination though there should be a single person, who can judge on
implications, when there is doubt.

I'd therefore suggest that we go back to a single RM. This gives one
person to talk to, which eases communication a lot (even if the single
RM just delegates the issue back to some domain expert).

A single RM, of course, has the risk to "disappear" due to changes in
life or whatever but I don't think that's a major risk as the role might
transition. Such a transition might also be good when selecting a
successor - throw a successor on the prepared path after the .0 is done
instead of throwing them directly in the center of the field a short
time before a release where everybody tries to get his things in.

David, I think you're experienced enough to fill this role alone.

Thanks,
johannes