Hi Arvids,

This is exactly what I've stated yesterday here, you can read it
at http://news.php.net/php.internals/64820 but I've yet to receive
an answer for it.

The problem is that someone will actually need to implement the
whole thing again, in C, again, and it's going to be painful (again).

I can only say that I'm really sorry that I don't know C in order to
be able to contribute.

This is indeed a sensible subject and I wouldn't want to be hated
by the current developers / contributors but like I've said, at some
point it must be addressed.

Best regards,
Florin
----