hi Zeev,

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:30 PM, Zeev Suraski <z...@zend.com> wrote:
> [...]

Problem is that we do not allow BC break in 5.5, at all, minor or not.
Minor vs major BC is all relative, a minor BC for someone can create
large issues for someone else, that's why we do not allow BC, in
general. Killing some outdated "security" features however may fit
better, but I am really not sure this one is worse the risk.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye