On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:04:35 +0100, hakre <hanskren...@yahoo.de> wrote:

----- Ursprüngliche Message -----
Von: Gustavo Lopes <glo...@nebm.ist.utl.pt>

So the question is only whether "+0" or "-0" (or
"+0", etc.) should be accepted as integers by FILTER_VALIDATE_INT. I
think they should, because we also accept non-canonical inputs such as
"+5", i.e., we always accept a sign. It's true that 0 is neither
positive or negative, but I don't think "accepts a leading sign, except
if it's 0" is a good option. It's an unnecessary special case.

A special case still left is "±0". It is with the 'PLUS-MINUS SIGN' (U+00B1).

By special case, I meant a deviation to the general rule on how the code handles the input. The code handles the characters 0-9 prefixed by an optional sign. The PLUS-MINUS SIGN -- or, for that matter, all the other numeric characters in the Unicode repertoire -- are irrelevant.

It's an equally incorrect sign for the number 0 as "-" or "+" is incorrect. Available in internet standards ISO-8859-1 and more as "\xB1" (UTF-8 as "\xC2\xB1"), FILTER_VALIDATE_INT should reflect hidden dependency of input encoding here.

I'm not sure what you're arguing for here.

--
Gustavo Lopes