Hi Internals,

PHP 5.5.0alpha5 has been tagged and released. This
release contains bug fixes against alpha4, and adds new features in
the mysqli and mysqlnd API, new HTTP codes and the possibility to
change the temp directory using a php.ini directive.

The packages can be found at:

    http://downloads.php.net/dsp
As you know, you may read the NEWS file in the source tree for full
changelog
of this release.

Please test PHP5.5.0alpha5 carefully, and report any bugs in the bug system.
We may begin now the beta stage of 5.5.0. As you should know, we had a
delay for beta
due to some late coming features such as Zend Optimizer +.
Please, be warned that the first beta will be the last release for you to
add new features. After
first beta, features will get frozen, next betas won't accept new features
and should focus on
consolidating the code against bugs.

The first beta should be tagged on March 7th.

Thank to all the contributors that mainly gave their time to make this
alpha5 possible.

Regards
  David and Julien