Hi

> - usage expression in write context (e.g. passing constant by reference)
>
> function foo(&$foo) {}
> foo("abc"[0]);
>
> - destruction of temporary result
>
> ($a . $b)[4]; // if ($a.$b) is destroyed?
>
> - in some cases destruction of temporary result may cause destruction of
> final result
>
> ((object)(array("a"=>"b")))->a = "c"; // temporary object may be destroyed
> before assignment

I've run a bunch of examples like above, with debug enabled, and so far
I could find no scenario where it would leak or access destructed
variable. So looks like it works, at least I wasn't able to find any
case where it does not :)

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/