Hi,

Just reading the excellent PHP 5.5 Upgrades Notes -
https://raw.github.com/php/php-src/php-5.5.0beta1/UPGRADING

Some questions:

-          Dropped support for Windows XP & 2003:

o   Was this an RFC? At what point was it decided? (I may have missed it in
that case I’d just appreciate a pointer to where it was decided). I am
asking because XP still seems to be quite prevalent and while Microsoft
wants to incentivize people to upgrade by being aggressive around end of
life, not sure that’s the most convenient for our users.

-          In “Backwards Incompatible Changes” there’s a big list of BC
changes that are internals and don’t impact user land. So could come across
a lot more intimidating than it is. I think we should move towards the end
of the upgrade notes in a section of its own that’s “PHP Internals Changes
– does not impact user space” (or something of that sort). I’m happy to
make that change but wanted to bring it up before tackling it.

-          On similar note as previous item, should we put New Features
before BC changes? No big deal but it’s always nice to have the more
positive piece first :)

Andi