Hi!

> just FYI, there's some non-portable code in Zend OpCache (alpha5 was built
> just fine), which prevents building of php5 beta1 on non-Linux systems:
>
> FreeBSD: https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=64490
> Hurd i386:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=php5&arch=hurd-i386&ver=5.5.0~beta1-1&stamp=1363956014
>
> While hurd might be not important, the general experience is that writing
> portable code helps the general quality of the code :).

We probably need to make it self-disable on systems where we don't have
suitable flock driver. For freebsd though it's strange since it has if
defined(__FreeBSD__) clause there. Is there some other define that
should be checked instead?

> There might be more, but so far the Linux builds are ok even on some more
> exotic archs (like s390{x}):
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=php5&suite=experimental

All linux ones should be fine as long as they use the same basic
structures, which seems to be the case.

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/