On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Dmitry Stogov <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are going to release a new PECL version today or tomorrow,
> and, yes, we are going to support hte pecl build for old versions as well.
> I'm not sure about php-5.2 and possible new features.
>
> Thanks. Dmitry.

In order to maintain the PECL extension, do you plan to keep the bundled
ZO+ code and the PECL code fully in sync? Just saw this commit
http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=commitdiff;h=987dee9ca1be517f4be02d9c8f721d569596dc5aand
wondered whether we really need all those version specific #ifs in the
bundled version. I though getting rid of the code specific to old versions
was a major selling point for the inclusion (=> easier maintenance).

Nikita