On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Madara Uchiha <dor.tchi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I actually agree with that. I've reached a point when I consider using
> fsockopen instead of curl to fetch information from a website. I can
> hardly stand cURL.

Curl stream wrappers and ext/curl are two different things. ext/curl
APIs is quite clean and much easier to use than sockets when it comes
to deal with http or other internet related protocols (yes, it
supports ssh2, ftp(s), even imap). What is discussed here is the curl
usage to replace PHP's stream implementation.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye