Joe Watkins <krak...@php.net> wrote:

>Something that hasn't been mentioned, installation of software like
>wordpress or whatever, might be able to offer advice to the end user
>based on the configuration defaults, regardless of ini settings.

Le me repeat what I said in this thread using other words:

No, it can't. In a typical case (PHP from distribution with "all" extensions
shared) this has *no* relevance regarding the running system. The extensions
loaded might be built completely different from what's said there.

Provide the information needed by constants or function calls from an extenson
or whatever makes sense, don't advocate to do the wrong thing.

johannes