> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>wrote:
>

> > structs as in c# don't have methods, however DateTime has them. so
> > this doesn't work. What you can do is just pass all the data in the
> > constructor and then don't change it, and you have your value type that is
> > immutable.
> > It just requires a bit self control.
>
> On 04 April 2013 23:59, Rasmus Schultz <ras...@mindplay.dk> wrote:
>
> You're right, struct isn't the right word - "value" is probably more accurate.

Actually "structs" in C# can have methods. They are exactly classes with value
type semantics (i.e. pass-by-value, like arrays in PHP).

I think "struct" would be an ideal name for this feature, as this proposal
matches the C# implementation very closely, and many people will be familiar
with that.

See the "Structs Tutorial" at msdn for a brief summary of structs in C# -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa288471(v=vs.71).aspx

Richard Bradley
Tel : 020 7485 7500 ext 3230 | Fax : 020 7485 7575

softwire
Sunday Times Best Small Companies 2012 - 6th in the UK
Web : www.softwire.com | Addr : 325 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road,
London NW5 1TL
Softwire Technology Limited. Registered in England no. 3824658. Registered
Office : 13 Station Road, London N3 2SB