On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Johannes Schlüter
<johan...@schlueters.de>wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-04-05 at 08:01 +0200, Pierre Joye wrote:
> > > stream_wrapper_unregister("http");
> > > stream_wrapper_register("http", "CurlStreamWrapper");
> > > and then stream_wrapper_restore("http") to go back to the core
> > streams.
> > >

> > I wonder what one will do with open streams during the switches. That
> > can't go well.
>
> For open streams there should be no issue - they hold the pointer to
> their respective implementation.
>
> The issue I see is that libraries might change that for whatever reasons
> and not fix it up before passing control to some other library, thus
> creating a hardly debugable mess.

I'm feeling like we wont be able to make it stable for 5.5 final.

Why not extract the code to pecl, make it stable if possible, then use it
as a pecl extension ?
It could also be merged to ext/curl in some way , that could be another
option.

Julien.Pauli