On Wed, 2013-05-08 at 10:42 +0200, Ferenc Kovacs wrote:
> 2013.05.08. 7:38, "Pierre du Plessis" <pie...@pcservice.co.za> ezt írta:
> >
> > The __toArray can be useful if you want to perform array functions on the
> > object (E.G array_filter), otherwise I think it would be very useful if
> > the

This can't work.
Consider
   <?php
   class C {
       public function __toString() { return "string"; }
       public function __toArray() { return []; }
   }
   $result = str_replace(new C, new C, new C);
   ?>
Which method will be called?

> > array functions can accept an object implementing ArrayAccess as well
> > instead of just an array
>
> yeah, I also think that ArrayObjects should be accepted where array is
> expected.

Patches are certainly welcome, but be sure to get to every place, else
it becomes an inconsistent mess :)

Oh, and be consistent about return values of operations ... oh, and will
   $result = some_array_operation(new ArrayObject);
return an array or instance of ArrayObject, if the later how will it be
instantiated ... do we have to pass result factories or something to all
of those?

johannes