Laruence,

I missed one thing here, it should be:
>   why we need such feature that only a few people need it, and will
> also make reset people confused, and most of other language doesn't
> have it, and using it will make things a little mess(and low
> performance vs pure interface)?

I've proven twice in this thread, and on the RFC itself that performance is
equal to or **faster** than the current interface hints. Why does this
subject keep coming up? Do you not believe my numbers? Run them yourself.
The branch is available. And if you'd like, I can prove to you logically
why performance is going to be better in cases where you don't implement
interfaces but use Structural hinting.

If we're going to ignore the discussion and keep bringing issues that were
put to bed back up again, there's no point continuing here. Because "OMGS,
ITS SLOW" is the antithesis of a useful discussion once it's been shown
that it's not...

As far as "only a few people need it", last I checked, the Drupal community
was not 'only a few people' (27k developers in the Drupal community alone),
and several (at least 5) of their core contributors have expressed this
feature solving some very significant problems they have been experiencing.

But if you *really* think this feature is needed by only a few people, and
that I'm blowing it way out of proportion (or inventing a problem), I'll
retract this proposal.

I would just highly recommend that you think about the assertion that
you're making that "you know the community's needs" (to an 80% degree at
least). That's a very significant thing to say, and I hope that you are
willing to take the responsibility for that as well... Personally, I can
only speak for the side of the community that I interact with regularly,
which is by far not the entire community...

Anthony