On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Nikita Popov <nikita....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi internals!
>
> I'd like to propose an RFC, which adds dedicated syntax for variadic
> functions:
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

I think it's great way to clean things up and add some subtle new
functionality, particularly with Lazare's follow-up proposal about
expanding an indexed array into arguments.

Would any functions get deprecated as a result of this? e.g., func_get_args()

I assume it's a syntax error to do function fn(...$foo, $bar) or
function fn(...$foo, ...$bar)

I assume that function fn($a, $b = null, ...$c) is possible, and the
only way to populate $c is to call fn with three or more parameters.

--
Matthew Leverton