hi Stas,

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've finally took some time to revive the skipping parameter RFC and
> patch. For those who doesn't remember what it is please see:
> https://wiki.php.net/rfc/skipparams
> TLDR version:
>
> The idea is to allow skipping parameters in function with optional
> arguments so that this:
>    function create_query($where, $order_by, $join_type='INNER', $execute
> = false, $report_errors = true)
>
> can be called like this:
>     create_query("deleted=0", "name", default, default,
> /*report_errors*/ true);
>
> Instead of trying to remember what the defaults are.
> The patch is here:
>
> https://github.com/php/php-src/pull/426
>
> Any comments or feedback on the RFCs and the code are welcome,
> especially pointing out the cases where it may not work (which means we
> need more phpt's there :)

Using default instead of ,,, is indeed much more readable.

However I still wonder what prevents to finally implement named
parameters too, it will provide the same feature while being even more
handy and easier. I could dig the archives but I don't remember what
was the reason why we rejected the idea back then.

Cheers,
--
Pierre

@pierrejoye | http://www.libgd.org