Hi Bob:

> Well, that makes no sense. Then you just could say no to all new
> language changes.  Because it cannot be run on older versions.

Allow me one last post to clarify.  What I said is the cost in _this_
case doesn't outweigh the advantages.

As someone who writes a lot of open source (and proprietary) code that
gets run on machines that I have no control over, implementing this
proposal will complicate my life.  Every time I make a function I'll
have to ask myself "is this a reserved word in older versions of PHP?"

I'll leave the discussion at that.

Thanks,

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
        4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335