Hi!

On 11 Jul, 2014, at 4:29 pm, Stas Malyshev <smalys...@sugarcrm.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> And while I was trying to figure out what does that mean, or why should
>> that prevent the travis build, I've just remembered that we don't allow
>> travis builds for PHP-5.3 and PHP-5.4 branches:
>> http://git.php.net/?p=php-src.git;a=blob;f=.travis.yml;h=f1a333adcb3e6c35f3fe19c27fbd7a28d99fe7de;hb=refs/heads/PHP-5.4
>> So probably it is because of that.
>
> All feature pulls should be done against master only. They will be
> merged to appropriate branch but as pulls it should always be master
> unless it is a fix specific to particular version.

I see, though I would have the same issue if this was a fix instead of a
feature, right? :)

In any case, I reasoned that it would be easier to start at the lowest version
where this feature could peacefully coexist and then merge it up to 5.5, 5.6
and finally master.

Should I do this in another way then? :)