My key concern is that I've now  bumped into two applications - both OroCRM
and also Taskada - that work fine with 5.5 but stop working with 5.6 because
of that issue.  Both are Symfony apps so it might be something that can be
solved centrally in Symfony, but it may also be just coincidence.  Either
way, it's an indication that this would make upgrading to 5.6 harder than it
needs to be, and a key tenet of our yearly release cycle was guaranteed
pain-free upgrades.

IMHO this isn't something we should change in a 2nd digit release, but on a
major version, even if it wasn't documented.

Zeev