On Jul 28, 2014 9:14 PM, "Dmitry Stogov" <dmi...@zend.com> wrote:

> I think opinions about readability are subjective.
>
> The real problem, that it'll break compatibility with old uncommon
> compilers.
> I'm not sure if new MSVC versions support it, but the one I use - does
not.

We are working with the vc team to test the c99 (c++11/14 as well) with
many oss softwares, php included (non core ext).

It could be possible to use c99 from a vc pov but not if we decide to
release php-next next year. However with the yearly vc release, we could
make it for Q4/2015.

> Breaking something without a real reason is not a good move.

I agree with you here.