2014.08.22. 17:56 ezt írta ("Jan Ehrhardt" <php...@ehrhardt.nl>):

> Andrea Faulds in php.internals (Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:32:51 +0100):
> >I’m very much in favour of this RFC. It is not necessary to change
> >the type names after all; if people turn on compiler warnings, they’ll
> >find out what’s broken anyway.
>
> 'people'? Which people?
>
> Will a normal user ever notice anything of the change from long to int?
> Isn't this something that only developers of extensions will notice? My
> guess is that this chnage is only a minor point when converting
> extensions to ng.

People means ext devs here.
The concern raised here that if we delay the namechange then early
adopters(ext developers adding support for php7) have to update their code
twice.
I don't think this will major pita (compared to the phpng changes or other
upcoming stuff) but would have been nice resolving this before the merge