On Mon, 2014-09-29 at 06:35 -0700, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:
> >> Actually, some php.net machines have been compromised and prevent us
> >> from releasing 5.6.1.
[...]
> All the source and binary releases along with git is safe.

To be more precise: The machine used to package up the releases show
some traces of an infection. recent releases are being reviewed and show
no traces of anything being injected there, still we are not comfortable
with using the box to build new tarballs ;)

Short FAQ:

Q: Is the git repo affected?