Hi!

> This is an unfair comparison. Hack is a compatible superset of PHP,
> much like TypeScript is a compatible superset of JavaScript.

So? PHP once borrowed Perl syntax, and Java syntax, and so on. Hack
borrowed PHP syntax, and that's great. But that doesn't mean what they
do in their own language should constraint what we do in PHP.

> I’d rather there be less divergence between Hack and PHP, to limit
> the damage that it causes to the community.

I don't see any damage to the community. How PHP not matching other
language's syntax does any damage to the community? What kind of damage
and where this damage comes from? Are we damaged because PHP arrays and
Perl arrays have different syntax, despite obvious Perl roots in PHP?
--
Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/