On 5 November 2014 16:45, Jakub Zelenka <bu...@php.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Chris Wright <c...@daverandom.com> wrote
>>

>> I'm afraid I have to disagree here, I don't like the idea of changing
>> this behaviour without making it controllable
>>

> If we make it default, then we could of course add a new constants that
> would allow the old behaviour.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't make sense to add something to
> micro release and then change it (deprecate it) in PHP 7. I don't have
> problem with a new flag if the current behaviour stays but it should be
> decided before we make this change. There is no big hurry that we need to
> add it immediately.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why it would need to be deprecated. For
me "making it the default behaviour" would mean "changing the default value
of the $flags argument to JSON_PRESERVE_FACTIONAL_PART". The flag would
still function in exactly the same way - old code which pass flags
explicitly would continue to work in the same way, and any code which did
not want the new behaviour would only have to pass 0 to flags to get that
behaviour back.