Hi!

> I'm happy to accept that this is a low-priority, hard-to-fix, bug. I
> just don't see that it can be justified as a feature.

We can argue semantics of the word "bug" all day long, but the fact is
the functionality as it is is there by an explicit decision - it was
chosen to be this way and no other way, for the reasons I have
described, it was no omission and no unintended side-effect of
something, it was meant to work this way. If you want to call it "hard
to fix bug" knowing this, you're welcome to.