On Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 02:27:12PM +0000, Rowan Collins wrote:

> PEAR is not a single organisation who can mass update all the
> modules; the guidelines could be updated, if they haven't been
> already, but there would still be a whole repository full of
> libraries which used this.
>
> Now, whether that's acceptable or not, I don't know, but it does
> highlight the size of the compatibility break.

How many servers are stuck on PHP 4 ?

Of those 'stuck' servers, how many have applications still under active
development ?

The point is: how many people would get annoyed if PEAR stopped supporting PHP
4 ?

IMHO: making PHP 5.3+ the PEAR baseline would not seem unreasonable.

--
Alain Williams
Linux/GNU Consultant - Mail systems, Web sites, Networking, Programmer, IT