> On 25 Nov 2014, at 11:48, Derick Rethans <der...@php.net> wrote:
>
> I think "incomplete" nails it on the head. Without "proper" Unicode
> support in the parser, compiler and string function semantics, having
> these escape codes doesn't really do a lot for us.

How so? Why are they less useful because we don't have "true" Unicode strings?
This would work perfectly well and provide an actual benefit for people
manipulating Unicode text today. It'd work great with Unicode strings in future
if they were ever to happen, too, as we could support u"\{202e}".

--
Andrea Faulds
http://ajf.me/