Hey:

     I was working on zend_qsort improvement. but I got a problem need
to be disscussed with you fist..

     as we know,  previously zend_qsort is not a stable sorting algo.

     my draft patch (which already get 0.1% IRs reduce in wordpress)
is kindof a stable sorting algo, you can find it here
(https://github.com/laruence/php-src/compare/zend_sort)

     so, there is a bc break, like for :

     $array = array("o",  "O");
     sort($array, SORT_STRING|SORT_FLAG_CASE);

     var_dump($array);

     previously implementation does the swap:

array(2) {
  [0]=>
  string(1) "O"
  [1]=>
  string(1) "o"
}

     but new implementation doesn't not:

array(2) {
  [0]=>
  string(1) "o"
  [1]=>
  string(1) "O"
}

    do you think such BC break is acceptable? or I still need a RFC? :<

thanks
--
Xinchen Hui
@Laruence